Girls World Expo is coming to Pittsburgh!
The 2nd annual Pittsburgh Girls World Expo is Sunday March 24th from noon – 4 at the Doubletree in Cranberry. This one day event for teen and tween girls and their parents has something for everyone! Seminar and workshops on social media, body image, confidence, how to handle a bully, mindfulness and yoga. Make-up and hair demos and beautiful gowns on display, or meet with a city police officer or firefighter about exploring a new career. On the main stage you’ll find dance groups, gymnasts, martial arts, hula hoop demos and you can even learn Improv! The Girls of Steel Robotics team will be there once again wowing us with their awesome robots and talking one on one with the girls about exploring STEM. Round out this jam packed day with some shopping in the GWE marketplace.
Sunday, March 24, 2019 | 12pm - 4pm
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Cranberry
910 Sheraton Drive
Mars, PA 16046
EVENTS (partial list):
Seminars on today’s trending topics, such as body image, bullying, self-esteem and healthy relationships.A marketplace with local vendors displaying clothing, jewelry, books, art and salon items."Bright Ideas", a STEM showcase from local middle school and high school girls.College and career information featuring successful local women from numerous companies, colleges and trade schools who will provide information on career paths, degree programs and internships.An art show, dancers, music and self-defense.A ceremony recognizing local Girls of Merit.Non-profit and community service opportunities.
Tickets are FREE, but you must register at https://www.girlsworldexpo.com/expos/pittsburgh/
SEMINARS + SESSIONS
- Seminar Session 1 1:00-1:45 (Choose 1)
- SEMINARS + SESSIONS SOCIAL MEDIA, BODY IMAGE, CONFIDENCE
- Sponsored by UPMC Health Plan
- Val Silfee Director of Lifestyle Intervention, UPMC Health Plan
- Learn to harness perspective and live a healthy life on-line.
- (Room 1 - Birch)
- Katina Hunter Realtor & Speaker/Speaking Coach,
- Sponsored by Coldwell Banker
- Being able to see things from a different view makes all the difference. (Room 2 - Elm)
- STRETCH IT OUT! - A YOGA & MINDFULNESS SESSION
- Sponsored by PA Virtual Charter School
- Lyndsay Burneisen Physical Education Teacher, PA Virtual Charter School
- Beginners’ yoga session to help stretch and rejuvenate the body, followed by a mindfulness session to help calm the mind. (Room 3 - Aspen)
- Seminar Session 2 3:15-4:00 (Choose 1)
- GIRL OF MERIT AWARD CEREMONY
- Sponsored by Casa D’Oro
- Keynote: Dorothy Andreas, Best Selling Author & President, Sewickley Spa
- A special thank you to girls who have proven themselves exceptional members of the community through their actions, activities, leadership, and positive influence on others.
- (Room 1 - Birch)
- FIND YOUR VOICE
- Denise Ann Galloni Owner & President, DG Training Solutions Inc.
- Denise will show you how to find your authentic voice by telling you how she went from being invisible to speaking in front of people for a living.
- (Room 2 - Elm)
- BE A STAR!
- Sponsored by Planet Fitness
- Juan Perez Vice President, Chief Operations Officer, Boys & Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania.
- Be a STAR, WWE’s anti-bullying initiative, has the mission to encourage young people to treat each other with respect through education and grassroots
- MUSICAL & DANCE PERFORMANCES
- Rocki Boulis - Vocal Performance
- Olivia Jesse Miss Keystone State Teen - Vocal Performance
- Miss Laurel Highlands 2019 - Theresa Dickerson - Vocal Performance
- Controlled Chaos Dance Performance
- Bell School of Irish Dance
- Let’s Improv! - Olivia Hartle, Pittsburgh based improv coach and educator
- Pittsburgh Derby Brats - Roller Derby
- Self Defense Demo - by Wright’s Gym
- Hula Hoop Workshop - Wendy Raviotta from UPMC Health Plan and owner of All Princess Parties
- X-Cel Gymnastics - Gymnastics
- Girls Rock! Stone Painting Workshop
- Women in Business – You CAN do it all! Sponsored by 84 Lumber - Stacy Klein, Executive Director, Women’s Business Enterprise and Building Hope Foundation, 84 Lumber.
- “Bright Ideas” STEM Showcase - Sponsored by Agora Cyber Charter School
- Girls of Steel Robotics
- Fashion Showcase - sponsored by Babette’s Gowns
- Henna Tattoos by Nora Moorfield
- STEM Activities
- Pamper Me Lounge & Make Up Demos - Sponsored by South Hills/North Hills Beauty Academy
- Career workshop - Sponsored by City of Pittsburgh - Internship opportunities available with the City of Pittsburgh!
- ...and much more!!!