Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year? If not, there are ways to contribute and help out while others are doing the cooking!
Thanksgiving is all about the food — turkey, mashed potatoes, corn bread, green bean casserole, pie — but, let's be honest — not everybody is a great cook. And that's OK!
Just because you're not the cook of the family doesn't mean you can't help out this Thanksgiving.
Here are some ways you can help out:
- Clean The House
- Decorate/Set The Table
- Do The Shopping
- Entertain The Kids - You don't want the kids running around while there are people cooking in the kitchen. Plus, it can also be dangerous so having some crafts, coloring books, and/or games ready for the kids can be very helpful and fun!
- Take Care Of Drinks - Make sure there's something for everyone — a holiday cocktail (such as mulled wine or spiked apple cider), wine and beer, and sparkling cider for the kids. Bringing some soda and juice can't hurt, either!
- Do The Dishes
- Take Photos - taking photos are a great way to help out and capture memories to share later on!
- Offer Up To Host – Letting them use your kitchen might help you feel less guilty.
- Play Sous Chef
- Bring Food That Doesn't Require Cooking
Contributing in any way can help instead of just sitting on the couch and feeling bad you "can't" cook.
And if your hosting it's ok to ask for help! I know that any of these contributions would be very helpful!
Get more from Sisanie HERE!